Maybe Sen. Richard Burr’s “guilty” vote in Donald Trump’s trial was revenge on Trump for Trump getting revenge on him.
When North Carolina Democrats are in power, their go-to source of new revenue is to raise sales taxes.
That Car Warranty Call Needs Serious Regulation
One First St. NE in Washington, D.C. is the location of a former prison for Confederate soldiers. Also incarcerated there were Mary Surratt, until becoming the first woman executed by the United States; and Dr. Samuel Mudd, sentenced to life imprisonment. Both were arrested following Preside…
Can you imagine what it felt like for all those millions of people in Texas and elsewhere who last week found themselves iced in and powered off for several miserable, life-threatening days?
The United States is currently leaderless and has been for some time. Leaderless in the home. Leaderless in its towns and cities. Leaderless at the state and national level. This lack of leadership cuts across culture and politics, and no party or group is blameless.
- Column: Supreme Court Upholds Name As Final Stop for Legal Affairs
- Columnist: Trump May Be Gone, But His People, Causes Remain
- Column: Man Who Gave Us Plastic Just Wanted Uncomplicated Life
- Column: J. Edgar Hoover Was Right Man At Right Time
- Column: Insomnia Can Be Fatal, But Don’t Lose Sleep Over It
- Column: Coffee, A Sinker, Folded Newsprint Still A Great, Enjoyable Experience
- Column: 'Social Justice' Is a Matter Than Endangered Us as a Free People
- Column: Hearsay Evidence Can’t Be Used to Bring Down President Trump
- Column: Impeachment Best Understood When Considering Andrew Johnson
- Column: We’ve Grown Accustomed To the Welfare State’s Pampering
- Column: T's Final Farewell: An Exit, With Kicking and Screaming?
- Column: Enough, Already! Worn Down, Burned Out by Election Cycle
- Column: Advertising: Where Art Does Not Always Imitate Life As We Know
- Column: Heigh-Ho, Silver: The Masked Man Rides Again
- Column: Trump Won’t Call the Shots On Our Court
- Column: Too Long a Sacrifice Can Make a Stone of the Heart
- Column: Authoritarianism Challenges The Resilience of Our Democracy
- Column: America Needs Multi-Party System To Represent American Electorate
- Column: How a 14th Century Crisis Mirrors Our Own Situation Today
- Column: They Should Make Massive Changes Now To Improve Presidental Debate Performance
- Column: Where Are the Leaders? It’s Time to Step Up
- Column: Evangelicals Need to Recalibrate Their Expectations of the Truth
- Column: Legislature Has Important Work To Do in This Year’s Session
- Column: Public Health Critical for Health of Our Community
- Column: Be a Part of the Village's Study of Historic Integrity
- Column: Dec. 7, 1941 Has New Company as A Day of Infamy
- Column: Rename Fort Bragg After Our Army General: George Marshall
- Column: The Electoral College Comes Through for America
- Column: Unwillingness to Wear Mask Is Massive Reckless Endangement
- Column: Why More Than 200 Military Leaders Endorse Joe Biden