Medicare for All Would Result in Better Health
After perhaps the messiest legislative session of my own memory, many deserving groups got shortchanged because of today’s brutal political narrative. Government retirees are perhaps among those most hurt in this process.
These are bad times for newspapers. That’s bad news for us.
Many of our right-wing brothers and sisters, devotees of Breitbart and Fox and their hirelings in Congress, are dithering over the looming impeachment of Donald Trump. They argue, first, that Democrats have been trying to unseat Trump since his presidency began. And, second, they believe thi…
Today’s “buzz” in politics revolves around the real meaning of free speech. Can a conservative visit a college campus and inspire intellectual debate? Or, will that speaker fall victim to the “heckler’s veto” and be shouted off the stage of public discourse?
It was with great dismay that I read the recent ill-informed letter from Robert Vetter regarding the planned improvements at Moore County Airport. The facts are different:
- Column: North Carolina Again Stands in The Way of Equality Legislation
- Column: Previous Medal of Honor Recipients Stand Out for Their Brave Actions
- Column: Tales of Perfidy That Follow Cats, Witches at Halloween
- Column: Wealth Disparity Is Growing and Ever More Weakening Us
- Column: Blowing Smoke: List of Tobacco’s Transgressions
- Column: Coffee, A Sinker, Folded Newsprint Still A Great, Enjoyable Experience
- Column: 'Social Justice' Is a Matter Than Endangered Us as a Free People
- Column: Hearsay Evidence Can’t Be Used to Bring Down President Trump
- Column: Impeachment Best Understood When Considering Andrew Johnson
- Column: We’ve Grown Accustomed To the Welfare State’s Pampering
- Column: The Fault Lies Not in the Deep State, Mr. Trump, But in Yourself
- Column: Thanksgiving Day in the Hurtgen Forest 75 Years Ago
- Column: When Do Friends In Need Become So Disposable?
- Column: Are We in the Process of Exhuming The Divine Right Theory of Kings?
- Column: What Must I Believe for Me Finally To Become Cured of Wicked TDS?
- Column: A Clear-Eyed Examination of Impeachment Process Ahead
- Column: Immigration Reform Would Fix a Shortage Of U.S. Workers
- Column: The True Heroes — A Veteran’s Salute
- Column: Tariffs Have Not Been a Tonic To the American Metals Industry
- Column: National Debt Is Threatening To Swamp Us All, If We Care
- Column: Time for All of Us to Step Up for Our State Retirees
- Column: Airport Works to Serve Entirety of Moore County
- Column: In This Season of Reflection, Offering My Hearfelt Thanks
- Column: Our Military Families Provide Invaluable Benefit Being Here
- Column: Honesty in 2020 Might Be Hard Commodity to Find