The Sandhills Bridge Center is located at 155 Hall Avenue, Southern Pines. Call the Center direct at (910) 246-0464 for additional information.
The website for game results http://clubresults.acbl.org/results.php?id=MjcxMTg5 Bridgemates are used, which provide instant results following the game.
All games are ACBL sanctioned, nonsmoking, and stratified to accommodate all levels of ability. Lessons are available for players at all levels.
Schedule of Programs and Stratified Games
▪ Monday at 8:45 a.m. — Limited game open to any player with 199 points or less
▪ Monday at 1 p.m. — Open game
▪ Tuesday at 1 p.m. — Limited game, open to any player with 499 points or less
▪ Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. — Open game
▪ Wednesday at 1 p.m. — Open game
▪ Thursday at 1 p.m. — Open game
▪ Friday at 10 a.m. — Beginner/Intermediate lesson and supervised game.
▪ Fourth Friday of each month at 8:45 a.m. — Limited game, open to any player with 20 points or less
▪ Friday at 1 p.m. — Limited game, open to any player with 499 points or less. There is a free mini-lesson at 12:30 p.m.
▪ Sunday at 1:30 p.m. — Open game
Monday, May 6, Limited Game: N/S, 1. Audrey Larkin and Meg Bassani, 2. Betty Austin and Jacqueline Weston; E/W, 1. Chris Brown and Jeff Chulay, 2. Sally and Ed Frick, 3. Marjorie Swinarton and Mary Dawkins.
Monday, May 6, Open Game: N/S, 1. George Snow and Georgia Keeler-Snow, 2. Maxine Cunningham and Berry Craven, 3. Marilyn Starner and Petie Graeter, 4. Barbara and Pete Goldberg, 5. Pattye Clark and Ted Davison, 6. Marian Morrison and Betsy Armstrong, 7. Marcia Bryant and Anne Brechtelsbauer, 8. Nancy Shannon and Joanne Thorne, 2nd in C. Karyn Kline and Peggy Crew; E/W, 1. Bruce Connors and Sue Lloyd, 2. Tracy Pickup and Paulette Clayton, 3. Claire Michalowski and Richard Venditti, 4. Jim Gentz and Dick Weinberg, 5. Brian Scott and Janie Moser, 6. Jan Cantley and Ann Pozdol, 7. Char Mounce and John Brubaker.
Tuesday, May 7, Limited Game: N/S, 1. Jeff and Marianne Chulay, 2. Karyn Kline and Nancy McNally, 3. Harriet McCollum and Kathy Fiske; E/W, 1. Della Lundy and Kathy Bennett, 2. Ed Weiler and Dale Simpson, 3. Mary Edwards and Susan Bowness.
Wednesday, May 8, N/S, 1. Janie Moser and George Snow, 2. Maxine Cunningham and Berry Craven, 3. Larry Mack and Dorothy Olson, 4. Bruce Connors and Lynn Dillard, 5. Tim Laverty and Rebecca Markham, 6. Barbara and Pete Goldberg, 7. Nancy Shannon and Jim Gentz, 8. Ted Davison and Al Lowrie, 9. Philip Deturk and Helen Ferency, 10. Marian Morrison and Art Swanson; E/W, 1. Anne Brechtelsbauer and Susan Bowness, 2. Aad Burghouwt and Barbara Toomey, 3. Connie Dominguez and Bill Seidensticker, 4. Ron Johnson and Brian Scott, 5. Karen and David Cook, 6. Jan Cantley and Ann Pozdol.
Thursday, May 9, 1. Betsy McCracken and Casey Hourni, 2. Ray and Tony Fiorillo, 3. Betsy Armstrong and Donna Sennett.
Friday, May 10, Limited Game – Afternoon: N/S, 1. Jeff and Marianne Chulay, 2. Al Beranek and Susan Bowness, 3. Betty Austin and Jan Haywood, 4. Kathy Fiske and Lynne Frazier; E/W, 1. Nancy McNally and Karen Wheeler, 2. Chris Brown and Hal Blake, 3. Della Lundy and Kathy Bennett, 4. Sally Felton and Rita Clayton, 3rd in B. Nancy Gillis and Becky Deaton, 1st in C. Marjorie Swinarton and Irene Knox.
Sunday, May 12, 1. Lynn Connolly and Lynn Dillard, 2. Connie Dominguez and Marilyn Starner, 3. Peggy Clark and Donna Sennett, 2nd in B. Joanne Thorne and Ted Davison.
Pinewild Duplicate Bridge played Wednesday, May 8. The next game will be Wednesday, June 10, at 6:45 p.m. at the Pinewild Clubhouse.
N/S, 1. Ron Johnson and Brian Scott, 2. Kathy Samchalk and Lynn Walker, 3. Sheila Henderson and Karen Fogle; E/W, 1. Nancy and Bob Neilson, 2. Nancy Reilly and Lynne Moore, 3. (tie) Dave Jenkins and Norma Yauger, with Barrie and Gary Reynolds.
Duplicate, Thursday, May 9
1. Marie Robins and Joyce Hunter, 2. Elinor Krueger and Vern Greenfield, 3. Bettye Garneau and Shirley Foushee.
Duplicate, Friday, May 10
1. (tie) Pauline Hill and Marian Morrison, with Connie Kubisch and Faye Wink, 2. Evelyn Launhardt and Hilda Paderick.
Contract, Monday, May 13
1. Gay Gearhart, 2. Evelyn Launhardt, 3. Vern Greenfield.
Duplicate, Tuesday, May 14
N/S, 1. Diane Daniels and Connie Waller, 2. Andy Warren and Bryan Culwick; E/W, Marian Morrison and Pat Lambie, 2. Hilda Paderick and Don Patience.
Wednesday, May 15
1. Shirley Foushee, 2. Pauline Hill, 3. Diane Daniels, 4. Connie Waller.
Men’s Bridge, Monday, May 13
1. Bill Rose and Ray Pardue, 2. Jack Essom and Gary Hildebrand.
Bridge-at-the-Village played the Common Game at Nite Monday, May 13, at Scotia Village in Laurinburg, under the direction of Brian Potter.
1. Betty Hasty and Lil Owens, 2. Cathy Scott and Lorene Evans.