Sandhills Bridge Center
The Sandhills Bridge Center is located at 155 Hall Ave., Southern Pines. Call the Center direct at (910) 246-0464 for additional information.
The website for game results http://clubresults.acbl.org/results.php?id=MjcxMTg5 Bridgemates are used, which provide instant results following the game.
All games are ACBL sanctioned, nonsmoking, and stratified to accommodate all levels of ability. Lessons are available for players at all levels.
Schedule of Games
▪ Monday at 8:45 a.m. — Limited game open to any player with 199 points or less
▪ Monday at 1 p.m. — Open game
▪ Tuesday at 1 p.m. — Limited game, open to any player with 499 points or less
▪ Wednesday at 1 p.m. — Open game
▪ Thursday at 1 p.m. — Open game
▪ Friday at 10 a.m.— Beginner/Intermediate lesson and supervised game.
▪ Fourth Friday of each month at 8:45 a.m. — Limited game, open to any player with 20 points or less
▪ Friday at 1 p.m. — Limited game, open to any player with 499 points or less.
▪ First Saturday at 11 a.m. — Open game with lunch at 12:30. Signup requested.
▪ Sunday at 1:30 p.m. — Open game
Monday, Oct. 28, Limited Game: N/S, 1. Kathy Bennett and Betty Austin, 2. Lefreda Williams and Betsy Rainoff; E/W, 1. Dale Simpson and Jan Haywood, 2. Dick Walsh and Becky Deaton, 3. Cathy Steel and Paula Lyszyk, 4. Victoria Villaloos and Gary Kemp
Monday, Oct. 28, Open Game: N/S, 1. George Snow and Ray Fiorillo, 2. Aad Burghouwt and Richard Venditti, 3. MJ Zinn and Marian Morrison, 4. Grant Pealer and Sharon Russell; E/W, 1. Lynn Connolly and Bill Seidensticker, 2. Walter Stohler and Anne Brechtelsbauer, 3. Rebecca Shepherd and Jean Klick, 4. Petie Graeter and Marilyn Starner.
Tuesday, Oct. 29, Limited Game: N/S, 1. Joan Stoner and Sharon Turville, 2. Arlene Jenkins and Harald Steltzer, 3. Harriet McCollum and Duane Shelton; E/W, 1. Nancy McNally and Pat Blank, 2. Katharine and Jerry Slater, 3. Eric Larsen and Sally Rose.
Wednesday, October 30
Tuesday, Oct. 29, Open Game: N/S, 1. Lynn Bennett and Wendy Preble, 2. Maxine Cunningham and Berry Craven, 3. (tie) Mary Hamblen and Walter Stohler, with Janie Moser and George Snow, 5. (tie) Pattye Clark and Georgia Keeler-Snow, with Jan Cantley and Anne Brechtelsbauer; E/W, 1. Betsy Armstrong and Barbara Toomey, 2. Karen and David Cook, 3. Ray and Nancy Fiorillo, 4. Marilyn Starner and Joanne Thorne, 5. Lynne and David Berkebile, 6. Casey Hourani and Donna Sennett.
Thursday, Oct. 31, Open Game: 1. John Brubaker and Drew Moore
2. (Tie) George Snow and Betty Austin; Lynn Dillard and Bill McClelland.
Friday, Nov. 1, Limited Game: N/S, 1. Arlene Jenkins and Ellie Ray, 2. Annie Thomasson and Sue Griggs, 3. Kathy Bennett and Della Sunday; E/W, 1. Ed and Jean Weiler, 2. Mary Sutton and JoAnn Duncan, 3. Rita Clayton and Harald Steltzer; 1st in C Marianne and Jeff Chulay.
Saturday, Nov. 2, N/S, 1. Marilyn Starner and Petie Graeter, 2. Maxine Cunningham and Berry Craven; 1st in B Dale Simpson and Alverna Plourde; E.W, 1. Marian Morrison and Mary Zinn, 2. John Brubakcer and Drew Moore; 1st in B Sue Lloyd and Donna Sennett.
Sunday, Nov. 3, 1. John Brubaker and Marilyn Starner, 2. Lynn Connolly and Bill Seidensticker, 3. George Snow and Ray Fiorillo.
Breakfast and Bridge
Breakfast and Bridge played at the Pine Crest Inn Thursday, Oct. 31.
N/S, 1. Martha Collier and Pat Groseth, 2. Jacque Weston and Janie LeFever, 3. Lois Hook and Juliette Tas, 4. Carol Green and Carol Carrara, 5. Doris Jacobsen and Arlene Jenkins, 6. Rebecca Powell and Glenna Pope, 7. Sandy Race and Peg Nale; E/W, 1. Bonnie Root and Diane Dostie, 2. Rosemary Mauriello and Fran Daley, 3. Lois Bierer and Mary Dawkins, 4. Thomasina Race and Annette Milligan, 5. Jan Baumeister and Eileen Lowrie, 6. Marilyn Erickson and Lin Hutaff, 7. Ellie Ray and Emily Hauslohner.
PCC Ace Bridge
1. Mary Lee Schulte and Lin Hutaff, 2. Janet Nelson and JoAnn Duncan, 3. Pat Lambie and Lois Hooks.
Men’s bridge results Monday, Nov. 4.
1. Wendell Dance and Gary Hildebrand, 2. Harald Steltzer and Duane Shelton.
Contract, Monday, Oct. 28
1, Jack Naylor, 2. Donna Stephan, 3. Gay Gearhart.
Duplicate, Tuesday, Oct. 29
N/S, 1. June Kirkland and Eleanor Carraher, 2. Sandy Gieryn and Dick Piper; E/W, 1. Shirley Foushee and Wayne Smith, 2. Evelyn Launhardt and Pauline Hill.
Duplicate, Friday, Nov. 1
1. Shirley Foushee and Faye Wink, 2. Annette Milligan and Diane Daniels, 3. Pat Lambie and Marian Morrison.
Chicago, Friday, Nov. 1
1. Joyce Hunt and Pat Lambie, 2. Sarah Simpson and Faye Wink, 3. Odette Greenfield and Pauline Hill.
Contract, Monday, Nov. 4
1. Jack Naylor, 2. Evelyn Launhardt, 3. Dave Jenkins
Bridge-at-the-Village played the common game at nite Monday, Nov. 4, at Scotia Village, under the direction of Brian Potter.
1. Cathy Lewis and Lorene Evans, 2. Brenda Johnson and Patsy Smith, 3. Mac and Jacque Doubles, 4. Doug and Connie Harris.