Sandhills Bridge Center
The Sandhills Bridge Center is located at 155 Hall Ave., Southern Pines. Call (910) 246-0464 for additional information.
The website for game results http://clubresults.acbl.org/results.php?id=MjcxMTg5 Bridgemates are used, which provide instant results following the game.
All games are ACBL sanctioned, nonsmoking, and stratified to accommodate all levels of ability. Lessons are available for players at all levels.
Schedule of Games
▪ Monday at 8:45 a.m. — Limited game open to any player with 199 points or less
▪ Monday at 1 p.m. — Open game
▪ Tuesday at 1 p.m. — Limited game, open to any player with 499 points or less
▪ Wednesday at 1 p.m. — Open game
▪ Thursday at 1 p.m. — Open game
▪ Friday at 10 a.m. — Beginner/Intermediate lesson and supervised game.
▪ Fourth Friday of each month at 8:45 a.m. — Limited game, open to any player with 20 points or less
▪ Friday at 1 p.m. — Limited game, open to any player with 499 points or less.
▪ Sunday at 1:30 p.m. — Open game
Monday, Sept. 30, Limited Game: N/S, 1. Lefreda Williams and Betsy Rainoff, 2. Sarah Hargrove and Margot Rawlings, 3. Kathy Bennett and Betty Austin; E/W, 1. Chris Brown and Jeff Chulay, 2. Sally and Ed Frick.
Monday, Sept. 30, Open Game: N/S, 1. Bruce Connors and Sue Lloyd, 2. George Snow and Georgia Keeler-Snow, 3. Barbara and Rollin Tomberlin, 4. Tracy Pickup and Paulette Clayton, 5. Maxine Cunningham and Berry Craven; E/W, 1. Aad Burghouwt and Richard Venditti, 2. Peggy Clark and Donna Senett, 3. Al Lowrie and Dorothy Olson, 4. Susan Perron and Sanjoy Dasgupta, 5. Lynn Connolly and Bill Seidensticker
Tuesday, Oct. 1, Limited Game: N/S, 1. Kathy Fiske and Harriet McCollum, 2. Joan Stoner and Sharon Turville, 3. Arlene Jenkins and Harald Steltzer; Lefreda Williams and Betsy Rainoff; E/W, 1. Chris Brown and Ron Johnson. 2. Ina and Charlie Young, 3. Mickey Wirtz and Mary Dawkins.
Wednesday, Oct. 2, N/S, 1. Connie Dominguez and Bill Seidensticker, 2. Janie Moser and George Snow, 3. Petie Graeter and Dorothy Olson, 4. Maxine Cunningham and Berry Craven, 5. Ted Davison and Walter Stohler, 2nd in C. Lynne and David Berkebile; E/W, 1. Tracy Pickup and John Brubaker, 2. Jan Cantley and Joanne Thorne, 3. Karen and David Cook, 4. Lynn Connolly and Ann Pozdol, 5. Al Lowrie and Aad Burghouwt.
Thursday, Oct. 3, N/S, 1. Ann Pozdol and George Snow, 2. John Brubaker and Drew Moore, 3. Donna Sennett and Carol Barbee; E/W, 1. George Wirtz and Al Beranek, 2. Kathy Bennett and Sarah Hargrove.
Friday, Oct. 4, Limited Game - Morning: N/S, 1. Sally Means and Lauri Michelich, 2. Micky Wirtz and Cara Hardinger; E/W, 1. Lee Foreman and Mary Pat Buie, 2. Barbara Golla and Cathy Steel.
Friday, Oct. 4, Limited Game - Afternoon: N/S, 1. Dale Simpson and Alverna Plourde, 2. Lynn Bennett and Wendy Preble, 3. Chris Brown and Hal Blake, 4. Al Beranek and Susan Bowness, 1st in C. Jan Haywood and Duane Shelton; E/W, 1. Pat and Jim Blank, 2. Katharine and Jerry Slater, 3. Lynne Frazier and Kathy Fiske, 4. Dick and Barb Leuth, 2nd in C. Marianne and Jeff Chulay.
Saturday, Oct. 5, N/S 1. (tie) George Snow and Georgia Keeler-Snowm with Kenneth and Aaron Leopold, 3. Maxine Cunningham and Berry Craven, 4. Nancy and Ray Fiorillo, 5. Johanna Edgar and Della Lundy; E/W, 1. Lynn Connolly and Char Mounce, 2. Steve Kline and Ann Pozdol, 3. Lynn Bennett and MJ Zinn, 4. Donna Sennett and Betty Ann Beck, 5. (tie) Susan Perron and Sanjoy Dasgupta; Bob and Nancy McNally, 7. Dick Walsh and Betty Austin
Sunday, Oct. 6, N/S, 1. George Snow and Ray Fiorillo, 2. Lynn Connolly and Lynn Dillard, 1st in B. Joan Stoner and Della Lundy;
E/W, 1. Joanne Thorne and Ted Davison, 2. Petie Graeter and John Brubaker.
Duplicate, Tuesday, Oct. 1
N/S, 1. Bettye Garneau and Shirley Foushee, 2. Pat Lambie and Marian Morrison; E/W, 1. June Kirkland and Eleanor Carraher, 2. Vern Greenfield and Joyce Hunt.
Duplicate, Friday, Oct. 4
1. Shirley Foushee and Annette Milligan, 2. Pauline Hill and Pat Lambie, 3. Bettye Garneau and Faye Wink.
Chicago, Friday, Oct. 4
1. Sandy Gieryn and Pat Lambie, 2. Sarah Simpson and Faye Wink, 3. Marge and Hal Blake, 4. Joyce Hunt and David Jenkins.
Contract, Monday, Oct. 7
1. Evelyn Launhardt, 2. Jack Naylor, 3. Joyce Hunt.
Men’s Bridge, Monday, Oct. 7
1. Bill Rose and Gary Hildebrand, 2. Jack Essom and Ray Pardue.
Bridge-at-the-Village played an Inter Club Championship Game Monday, Oct. 7, at Scotia Village, in Laurinburg, under the direction of Brian Potter.
1. Mac and Jacque Doubles, 2. Carol Whitehead and Erv Hill, 2nd in C: Doug and Connie Harris.