Is chronic pain an unfortunate part of your life? You’re not alone. Consider these statistics:
- * Chronic pain affects 100 million Americans.
- * Three out of four Americans have either experienced chronic pain or have a friend or family member who has.
- * 20 percent of American adults say pain disrupts sleep.
- * More than half of chronic pain sufferers feel they have little or no control over pain.
- * 77 percent of people are depressed because of their pain.
- * Nearly all people with chronic pain seek alternative treatments other than drugs.
- * Pain costs society $560-635 billion dollars annually.
Mark Chandler, M.D., will present a review of pain, its causes, and solutions for resolving it on Wednesday, July 31, from 1:30–2:30 p.m., at the Moore County Senior Enrichment Center. He will cover the basics of why we have pain, common conditions where pain is a primary factor, how we have historically treated it, and some new solutions for pain, including his new invention to alleviate it. He will end the presentation with a question-and-answer session.
Chandler has dedicated most of his professional career to medical research. A graduate of the Medical College of Georgia, he excels in diagnosing medical problems and creating solutions to solve them, and focuses on both the theory and application of new technology. He began researching microcurrent therapy for wound healing in 1989 and quickly discovered that microcurrent therapy works equally well for pain relief too. Chandler holds 11 patents for his work and has recently created PAT, a new FDA-cleared device for pain relief.
To attend this event or learn more about the many services provided at the Moore County Deptartment of Aging, call (910) 215-0900 or visit the Moore County Senior Enrichment Center at 8040 U.S. 15-501 West End, NC 27376, 2 miles north of the Pinehurst Traffic Circle. For more information, call (910) 215-0900.