Attn Stroke Survivors, Careivers & Rehab Professionals:
You're invited to a NEW and Unique Stroke Recovery Group led by Karen D. Sullivan, Ph.D., ABPP, board certified neuropsychologist and author of the I CARE FOR YOUR BRAIN Interactive Stroke Recovery Guide.
October 2019-July 2020
Clara McLean House | 20 First Village Drive | Pinehurst
Open to All Stroke Survivors in All Stages of Recovery, Caregivers & Rehab Professionals
This group is offered to you at no cost by the generous support of The Foundation of FirstHealth.
Every brain is different, and every stroke is different, so it makes sense that every stroke recovery will be different. This is why Dr. Sullivan searched through decades of research on stroke recovery to pinpoint these 10 Rules of Rehab. The Stroke Recovery Group centers on these 10 rules, once learned and used in daily life, can carry you to the best recovery – no matter what symptom you are working through. The information learned in the Stroke Recovery Group will help you personalize the knowledge learned, make the information specific to your stroke symptoms, process your unique stroke-related trauma and guide you to the VERY BEST recovery you can achieve.
The Stroke Recovery Group includes:
· The highest-quality information on brain recovery known to the most brilliant neuroscientists in the world but communicated in a way that anyone can understand;
· Evidence-based strategies for healing both neurological and emotional trauma;
· Personalized support tools to identify recovery goals, track progress as well as stay motivated, focused and positive; and
· Empowerment tools to become an assertive advocate for the care every stroke survivor deserves.
Attendees will leave each meeting with handouts detailing the content of the session, a behavior change tracker to reinforce the application of learning and additional community resources.
Each meeting of the Stroke Recovery Group will begin with a lecture by Sullivan on the rule being covered that month with evidence-based support and empowerment, followed by a question and answer session with attendees to ensure understanding of the rule and how it can be applied in everyday life. Participants will also have the opportunity to share and learn from each other’s experiences. Meetings will end with interactive experiences, such as chair yoga or music therapy, to foster a positive recovery mindset.
After the Oct. 15 kickoff meeting, the Stroke Recovery Group meets monthly on Tuesday for nine additional sessions: Nov. 12, Dec. 17, Jan. 14, 2020, Feb. 11, Mar. 17, Apr. 14, May 12, Jun. 16 and July 14 at the Clara McLean House from 1-2:30 p.m.
· Positive environment that helps you keep a good attitude
· Support from others walking in your same shoes
· Links to community resources to support your best recovery
· Learn Dr. Sullivan’s 10 Rules of Rehab and how to apply them
To register or for more information on the Stroke Recovery Group, call 910-420-8041 or email email@example.com
- Occurred Tuesday, October 15th, 2019 @ 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
- Occurred Tuesday, November 12th, 2019 @ 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
- Occurred Tuesday, December 17th, 2019 @ 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
- Occurred Tuesday, January 14th, 2020 @ 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
- Occurs Tuesday, February 11th, 2020 @ 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
- Occurs Tuesday, March 17th, 2020 @ 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
- Occurs Tuesday, April 14th, 2020 @ 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
- Occurs Tuesday, May 12th, 2020 @ 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
- Occurs Tuesday, June 16th, 2020 @ 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
- Occurs Tuesday, July 14th, 2020 @ 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm