Bridge Results - September 5, 2010
Sandhills Bridge Studio
Sandhills Bridge Studio is located at 367 N. Bennett St. in Southern Pines. Call (910) 692-4188 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
The website www.sandhillsbridge.com offers information, schedules, game results and bridge tips.
Schedule of Games
Open Stratified Games
• Monday at 1 p.m.
• Tuesday at 7 p.m.
• Wednesday at 1 p.m.
• Thursday at 1 p.m. (Open and 299er Section when possible)
• Thursday at 7 p.m.
• Saturday, complimentary brunch at 10:30 a.m., with game at 11 a.m.
• Sunday at 1:30 p.m.
• Monday evenings at 6:30 p.m., limited to players with less than 149 MPs. Game includes lesson conducted by Don Snelgrove. For further information or partners, call Don at (910) 528-5994.
• Tuesday at 1 p.m., the game is limited to players with fewer than 499 points.
• Friday at 1 p.m., the game is limited to players with fewer than 199 points. A mini-lesson is offered at 12:30 p.m. For partners, call Anne Brechtelsbauer at (910) 295-4565.
• A session of supervised is held at 7 p.m. Wednesdays (not ACBL-sanctioned).
All games are ACBL-sanctioned and nonsmoking. Lessons are available for all levels of play.
• Sectionally rated International Fund Games will be held Sept. 6, 10-12, 14, 16, 21, 23, and 30.
• Monday, Sept, 6, Labor Day Pot Luck Cookout and Game. The studio will provide hot dogs and drinks — players bring a favorite dish to share. Lunch at noon, bridge at 1 p.m.
• Thursday, Sept. 16, ACBL-wide Instant Matchpoint Game at 7 p.m.
• Carthage Sectional, Thursday, Sept. 17, through Sunday, Sept. 19. Players will be asked to bring homemade goodies. The studio will be closed during these three days.
• Non-Life Master Sectional, Thursday, Sept. 24, through Sunday, Sept. 26. Regular studio games will be canceled as the studio is hosting this special tournament.
Monday, Aug. 23, N/S, 1. Barbara Goldberg and Barbara Tomberlin, 2. Dale Swift and Lynn Dillard, 3. Anne Brechtelsbauer and Rich Venditti, 4. Claire Michalowski and Dick Weinberg, 5. Marilyn Starner and Marion Wike; E/W, 1. Ray Fiorillo and Sam Kass, 2. Ed Berndt and George Snow, 3. Marsha Contrucci and Barbara Huntwork, 4. Marilyn Elliott and Georgia Snow, 5. Barbara Toomey and Ann Pozdol, 6. Dot Olson and Nancy Shannon, 7. Michael Busch and Jill Ford.
Monday evening, 199er Game, 1. Lynn Walker and Karyn Molnar, 2. Joe Michalowski and Jan Kamp
Tuesday, Aug. 24, 499er Game, 1. Carmen and Sue Lloyd, 2. Cynthia Williams and Tracy Pickup.
Tuesday evening, N/S, 1. Ted Davison and Tony Embrey, 2. Dick Weinberg and Don Wood, 3. Peggy Crew and Carol Barbee; E/W, 1. Betty Ann Beck and Don Wood, 2. Don Snelgrove and David Cook, 3. Jo Ann Duncan and Gloria Warner.
Wednesday, Aug. 25, N/S, 1. Pat Clark and Marcia Bryant, 2. Becky Markham and Nancy Shannon, 3. Barbara Goldberg and Anne Brechtelsbauer, 4. Maxine Cunningham and Joanne Thorne, 5. Marilyn Starner and Petie Graeter, 6. Pat Brooks and Sharon Russell; E/W, 1. Marsha Contrucci and Betty Ann Beck, 2. David Cook and Barara Huntwork, 3. Ed Berndt and George Snow, 4. Janie Moser and Dale Swift, 5. Marilyn Elliott and Gloria Hillman, 6. BJ Dunn and Paggy Crew.
Wednesday evening supervised play, N/S, Tied for 1, 2 and 3, Tony Embrey and Betsy Armstrong, Pat and Sally Felton and Tracy Pickup and Jean Aschliman; E/W, 1. Wendy Preble and Don Bryant, 2. Carol Halsey and Karen Cook
Thursday afternoon, Aug. 26, N/S, 1. Pat Clark and Char Mounce, 2. Sue Poffek and Marsha Contrucci, 3. Dot Olson and Petie Graeter, 4. Shari Renfro and Carol Barbee, 5. Gene Ferreri and Ray Libbey; E/W, 1. Janie Moser and Dale Swift, 2. Gene Peterson and Don Wood, 3. Ray Fiorillo and George Snow, 4. Nancy Fiorillo and Betsy Armstrong, 5. Joanne Thorne and Barbara Toomey.
Thursday evening, 1. Betsy Donaldson and Claire Michalowski, 2. Becky Markham and Betty Ann Beck, 3. Lynn Dillard and Ted Davison, 4. Doris and Dick Weinberg.
Friday afternoon, Aug. 27, 199er Game, N/S, 1. Doris Gordon and Jean Simons, 2. Art Swanson and Marian Morrison, 3. Eileen Leto and Wendy Preble, 4. Charlie and Ina Young, Second in C, Irene Knox and Dot Isleit; E/W, 1. Bill and Hillary McClelland, 2. Cynthia Williams and Tracy Pickup, 3. Carmen and Sue Lloyd
Friday evening, N/S, 1. Marty and Sharon Davis, 2. Becky Markham and Marsha Contrucci, 3. Barbara and Pete Goldberg, 4. Carmen and Sue Lloyd, 5. Betsy Armstrong and Jo Ann Duncan, In C, 5. Bryan and Anne Culwick; E/W, 1. Betty Ann Beck and Dot Olson, 2. Peggy Crew and Carol Barbee, 3. Bea Nelson and Shari Renfro, 4. Doris and Dick Weinberg, Second in C, Nancy Reilly and Karyn Molnar.
Saturday, Aug. 28 Brunch Game, 1. Marsha Contrucci and Barbara Huntwork, 2. Ann Pozdol and Goerge Snow, 3. Julie Kallam and Millicent Moats, Tied for 4/5, Shari Renfro and Carol Barbee with Treva Chappell and Kathleen Durkin.
Sunday, Aug. 29, 1. Barbara Toomey and Betsy Armstrong, 2. Ted Davison and Becky Markham, 3. Peggy Crew and Grayce Broili, 4. Jo Ann Duncan and Bill Haggett
Nancy’s Game meets at 1 p.m. Mondays at the Southern Pines Civic Club, 105 S. Ashe St. The game is open, ACBL-sanctioned, with computer scoring and refreshments. Call Nancy at (910) 295-8871 or e-mail email@example.com for information or partners. Reservations are required.
Monday, Aug 30, one winner movement, 1. Kay Scholz and Trudi Boylan, 2. Lee Airs and Sue Poffek, 3. Nan Cunningham and Grayce Broili, 4. Helen Ferency and Audrey Ramsey, 5. Barbara Gruninger and Charlotte Carpenter. Other winners were Donna Simmons and Christa Neuman.
Nancy’s Other Game
Nancy’s Other Game meets at 1 p.m. Wednesdays at the Southern Pines Civic Club, 105 S. Ashe St. The game is open, with computer scoring and refreshments. For information call Nancy at (910) 295-8871 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, Aug. 25, one winner movement, 1. Norma Juett and Lee Airs, 2. Christa Neuman and Lin Hutaff, 3. Fay and Homer Chase, 4. Helen Ferency and Steffi Hobson, 5. Bob Sutley and Lynn Connolly. Other winners were Sally and Pat Felton.
Belle Meade Duplicate, open only to residents of Belle Meade and their guests, meets Tuesdays at 7 p.m. For more information, contact Belle Meade at (910) 246-1018.
Tuesday, Aug. 24, one winner movement, 1. Will and Lillian Birk, 2. Marie Robins and Al Conolly, 3/4. Marge Cowen and Harvey Ledbetter, Mary Anne and Bob Bird.
The Friday Duplicate Club played on Aug. 27 at Table on the Green. The next game will be played Sept. 10. Call (910) 695-0022 to play or cancel.
- Lauramae Smith and Steve Middlekauff, 2. Marge Hawkins and Ditty Snyder, 3. JoAnne Slayton and Julia Reaves, 4. Pat Brindle and Sue Hopkins
Bridge on the Breezeway at Penick Village, a rubber bridge event, was held Monday, Aug. 30.
- Charles and Nancy Wood, 2. Rosemary Passman and Helen Cole, 3. Frank and Agnes Tucker.
More like this story