Bridge Results - August 22, 2010
Sandhills Bridge Studio
Sandhills Bridge Studio is located at 367 N. Bennett St. in Southern Pines. Call (910) 692-4188 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
The website www.sandhillsbridge.com offers information, schedules, game results and bridge tips.
Schedule of Games
Open Stratified Games
• Monday at 1 p.m.
• Tuesday at 7 p.m.
• Wednesday at 1 p.m.
• Thursday at 1 p.m. (Open and 299er Section when possible)
• Thursday at 7 p.m.
• Saturday, complimentary brunch at 10:30 a.m., with game at 11 a.m.
• Sunday at 1:30 p.m.
• Monday evenings at 6:30 p.m., limited to players with less than 149 MPs. Game includes lesson conducted by Don Snelgrove. For further information or partners, call Don at (910) 528-5994.
• Tuesday at 1 p.m., the game is limited to players with fewer than 499 points.
• Friday at 1 p.m., the game is limited to players with fewer than 199 points. A mini-lesson is offered at 12:30 p.m. For partners, call Anne Brechtelsbauer at (910) 295-4565.
• A session of supervised play is held at 7 p.m. Wednesdays (not ACBL-sanctioned).
• All games are ACBL-sanctioned and nonsmoking. Lessons are available for all levels of play.
• Friday evening, Aug 27, “Aloha to Summer, an Evening in Hawaii,” an $18-per-person inclusive. Hawaiian-themed dinner followed by duplicate bridge. Preregistration and prepayment are required. Contact the studio for more details.
Monday, Aug. 9, N/S, 1. Ray Fiorillo and Sam Kass, 2. Pat Clark and Ted Davison, 3. Betty Ann Beck and Rich Venditti, 4. Maxine Cunningham and BJ Dunn; E/W, 1. George Snow and Ed Berndt, 2. David Rogers and Joanne Thorne, 3. Marilyn Starner and Phyllis Kaufman.
Monday evening, 199er Game, 1. Susan Bowness and Susan Harrison, 2. Doborah and Steven Kline, 3. Hillary and Bill McClelland.
Tuesday, Aug. 10, 499er Game, N/S, 1. Jim Prim and Donna Simmons, 2. Robert Kelley and Ray Libbey, 3. Kay Scholz and Dick Walsh; E/W, 1. Cynthia Williams and Tracy Pickup, 2. Dot and Gene Rainey, 3. Charlie and Ina Young.
Tuesday evening, 1. Peggy Crew and Carol Barbee, 2. Maxine Cunningham and Berry Craven.
Wednesday, Aug. 11, N/S, Tied for 1/2, Don Snelgrove and Rebecca Markham with Nancy Shannon and Marilyn Starner, 3. Pat Clark and Georgia Snow, 4. Rich Venditti and Marilyn Elliott, 5. Treva Chappell and Charlotte Miller; E/W, 1. Janie Moser and Dale Swift, 2. Sam Kass and Ray Fiorillo, 3. Goerge Snow and Ed Berndt, 4. Barbara Toomey and Donna Sennett, 5. David Cook and Barbara Huntwork, Second in C, Mike Busch and Glen Eyler.
Thursday afternoon, Aug. 12, N/S, 1. Dot Olson and Alex Lowrie, 2. Marian Morrison and Nancy Reilly; E/W, 1. George Snow and Ann Pozdol, 2. Barbara Toomey and Betsy Armstrong, 3. Kathleen Durkin and Char Mounce.
Thursday evening, 1. Don Snelgrove and Dave Cook, 2. Ted Davison and Lynn Dillard.
Friday afternoon, Aug. 13, 199er Game, N/S, 1. Charlie and Ina Young, 2. Doris Gordon and Jean Simons; E/W, 1. Deborah and Steven Kline, 2. Hillary and Bill McClelland.
Saturday Aug. 14, Brunch Game, 1. Treva Chappell and Kathleen Durkin, 2. Alex Lowrie and Betty Ann Beck, 3. David Cook and Janie Moser, 4. Ann Pozdol and Shari Renfro, 5. Berry Craven and Maxine Cunningham, Second in C, Char Mounce and Donna Sennett.
Sunday, Aug. 15, N/S, 1. Carol Barbee and Shari Renfro, 2. Petie Graeter and Betty Ann Beck; E/W, 1. David Rogers and Janie Moser, 2. Joanne Thorne and Ted Davison, 3. Maggie Messimer and Marion Wike.
Nancy’s Game meets at 1 p.m. Mondays at the Southern Pines Civic Club, 105 S. Ashe St. The game is open, ACBL-sanctioned, with computer scoring and refreshments. Call Nancy at (910) 295-8871 or e-mail email@example.com for information or partners. Reservations are required.
Monday, Aug 16, one winner movement, 1. Jan Melville and Phil DeTurk, 2. Homer Chase and Bob Sutley, 3. Lee Airs and Ruth Cook, 4. Charlie and Ina Young, 5. Bill and Hilary McCelland. Other winners were Christa Neuman and Donna Simmons.
Nancy’s Other Game
Nancy’s Other Game meets at 1 p.m. Wednesdays at the Southern Pines Civic Club, 105 S. Ashe St. The game is open, with computer scoring and refreshments. For information call Nancy at (910) 295-8871 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, Aug. 11, one winner movement, 1. Barb Tomberlin and Bev Needler, 2/3. Fay and Homer Chase, 4. Audrey Ramsey and Char Mounce, 4. Phil DeTurk and Dot Rainey, 5. Nan Cunningham and Norma Juett, 6. Dot Olson and Alex Lowrie. Other winners were Mary Anne Bird and Anne Culwick, Ellen and Lee Airs, Dorothy Zihal and Austine Whire.
Belle Meade Duplicate
Belle Meade Duplicate, open only to residents of Belle Meade and their guests, meets Tuesdays at 7 p.m. For more information, contact Belle Meade at (910) 246-1018.
Tuesday, Aug. 10, one winner movement, 1. Mary Anne and Bob Bird, 2. Marge Cowen and Dot Burtis, 3. Emily McCormick and Al Conolly.
The Friday Duplicate Club played on Aug. 13th at Table on the Green. The next game will be played Aug. 28. Call (910) 692-0022.
- Marcie Radcliff and June Stiebeling, 2. Steve Middlekauff and Lauramae Smith, 3. Lois Hook and JoEtta Engle, 4. JoAnn Turner and Char Roff.
More like this story