Bridge Results - August 15, 2010
The Pinehurst Country Club bridge club reports its Wednesday, Aug. 11, scores.
- Barb Jepson and Erica Proctor, 2. Honey Vickory and Andre Fifield, 3. Donna Minkler and Edna Devansky, 4. Pat Bock and Helen Brissette; 5. Pat White and Evelyn Diefenderfer.
Sandhills Bridge Studio
Sandhills Bridge Studio is located at 367 N. Bennett St. in Southern Pines. Call (910) 692-4188 or e-mail email@example.com for information.
The website www.sandhillsbridge.com offers information, schedules, game results and bridge tips.
Schedule of Games
Open Stratified Games
• Monday at 1 p.m.
• Tuesday at 7 p.m.
• Wednesday at 1 p.m.
• Thursday at 1 p.m. (Open and 299er Section when possible)
• Thursday at 7 p.m.
• Saturday, complimentary brunch at 10:30 a.m. with game at 11 a.m.
• Sunday at 1:30 p.m.
• Monday evenings at 6:30 p.m., limited to players with less than 149 MPs. Game includes lesson conducted by Don Snelgrove. For further information or partners, call Don at (910) 528-5994.
• Tuesday at 1 p.m., the game is limited to players with fewer than 499 points.
• Friday at 1 p.m., the game is limited to players with fewer than 199 points. A mini-lesson is offered at 12:30 p.m. For partners, call Anne Brechtelsbauer at (910) 295-4565.
• A session of supervised play will be held at 7 p.m. Wednesday evenings (not ACBL-sanctioned).
• All games are ACBL-sanctioned and nonsmoking. Lessons are available for all levels of play.
• Friday evening, Aug 27, “Aloha to Summer, an Evening in Hawaii.” The cost of $18 per person includes a Hawaiian-themed dinner followed by duplicate bridge. Preregistration and prepayment are required.
• The Fayetteville Bridge Club will hold its sectional tournament on Aug. 20–23. The Studio will be closed during those dates.
Monday, Aug. 2, N/S, 1. Pat Clark and Ted Davison, 2. Barbara Tomberlin and Ed Berndt, 3. Petie Graeter and Betty Ann Beck, 4. Goerge and Georgia Snow, 5. Treva Chappell and Helen Ferency; E/W, 1. Ray Fiorillo and Sam Kass, Tied for 2/3, Marsha Contrucci and Janie Moser with Lynn Dillard and Dale Swift, 4. Marilyn Elliott and Dick Weinberg, 5. Barbara Huntwork and Aad Burhgouwt, 6. Barbara Toomey and Donna Sennett.
Monday evening, 199er Game, N/S, 1. Bill and Hillary McClelland, 2. Pat and Sally Felton, Second in C, Katie Bolt and Ruffles Clement; E/W, 1. Deborah and Steven Kline, 2. Charlie and Ina Young.
Tuesday, Aug. 3, 499er Game, 1. Gene and Dot Rainey, 2. Eileen Leto and Wendy Preble, Tied for 3/4, Jim Prim and Donna Simmons with Dick Walsh and Kay Scholz.
Tuesday evening, 1. Don Wood and Betty Ann Beck, 2. Tony Embrey and Ted Davison, 3. Greg Zywocinski and Betsy Donaldson.
Wednesday, Aug. 4, N/S, 1. Pat Clark and Char Mounce, 2. Dick and Doris Weinberg, 3. Rich Venditti and Betsy Donaldson; E/W, 1. Georgia Snow and Marilyn Elliott, 2. Dave Cook and Barbara Huntwork, 3. Ed Berndt and George Snow.
Thursday afternoon, Aug. 5, N/S, 1. Georgia Snow and Ray Fiorillo, 2. Don Snelgrove and Larry Calhoun, 3. Joanne Thorne and Peggy Crew; E/W, 1. Gene Peterson and Don Wood, 2. Donna Simmons and Christa Newmann.
Thursday evening, 1. Don Snelgrove and Dave Cook, 2. Tony Embrey and Greg Zywocinski.
Friday afternoon, Aug. 6, 199er Game, N/S, 1. Irene Knox and Dot Isleib, 2. Eileen Leto and Wendy Preble; E/W, 1. Deborah and Steven Kline, Tied for 2/3, Tracy Pickup and Cynthia Williams with Shirley Lundmark and Knud Kornberg.
Saturday, Aug. 7, Brunch Game, N/S, 1. Pat Clark and Ed Berndt, 2. George and Georgia Snow, 3. Jim Hunter and Aad Burghouwt, Second in B, Nancy Shannon and Phyllis Kaufman; E/W, 1. Ray Fiorillo and Janie Moser, 2. Marsha Contrucci and Barbara Huntwork, 3. Shari Renfro and Bea Nelson, 4. Char Mounce and Peggy Crew, 5. Ruth Whitaker and Marian Morrison.
Sunday, Aug. 8, 1. Marcia Bryant and Bob Sutley, Tied for 2/3 Marian Morrison and Nancy Reilly with Berry Craven and Maxine Cunningham, 4. Carol Barbee and Shari Renfro, 5. Jo Ann Duncan and Gloria Warner.
The Penick Duplicate Bridge club played Thursday, Aug. 5.
- Toni Trott, 2. Olive McLaughlin, 3. Rosemary Passman, 4. Jean Dickinson.
Nancy’s Game meets at 1 p.m. Mondays at the Southern Pines Civic Club, 105 S. Ashe St. The game is open, ACBL-sanctioned, with computer scoring and refreshments. All games are Charity Club Championship games and pay triple points. Call Nancy at (910) 295-8871 for information or partners. Reservations are required.
Monday, Aug. 9, one winner movement, 1. Mary Anne Bird and Lee Airs, 2. Marion Wike and Char Mounce, 3. Bob Sutley and Homer Chase, 4. Ann Nash and Dorothy Zihal, 5/6. MJ Zinn and Nan Cunningham, Dot Olson and Alex Lowrie. Other winners were Selena and Howard Boessneck.
Nancy’s Other Game
Nancy’s Other Game meets at 1 p.m. Wednesdays at the Southern Pines Civic Club, 105 S. Ashe St. The game is open, with computer scoring and refreshments. The games are Charity Club Championships and pay triple points. For information, call Nancy at (910) 295-8871 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, Aug. 4, one winner movement, 1. Ann Pozdol and Judy Crump, 2. Bev Needler and Barb Tomberlin, 3. Donna Simmons and Christa Neuman, 4. Helen Ferency and Steffi Hobson, 5. Jan Melville and Mary Edwards, 6. Lee and Ellen Airs. Other winners were Phil DeTurk and Jane Lefiver.
Belle Meade Duplicate, open only to residents of Belle Meade and their guests, meets Tuesdays at 7 p.m. For more information, contact Belle Meade at (910) 246-1018.
Tuesday, Aug. 4, one winner movement, 1. Emilie McCormick and Al Conolly, 2. Jane Price and Becky Bakley, 3/4. Ditty Snyder and Mary Wise , Betty Beemer and John Cognetta.
More like this story