Bridge Results - April 25, 2010
Pinehurst Country Club
Pinehurst Country Club bridge was played Wednesday, April 14.
- Honey Vickory and Joyce Hunt, 2. Ellie Ray and Pat Lambie, 3. Barbara Jepsen and Erica Proctor, 4. Shirley Dunkel and Carmen Kinsey, 5. Sandy Race and Maureen Steinfeldt.
Belle Meade Chicago
Eight couples competed in an April 16 game of Belle Meade Chicago bridge.
- Marge Cowen and Earl Diggins, 2. Jane and Dave Kinney, 3. Helen Blue and John Brown.
Nancy’s Game meets at 1 p.m. Mondays at the Southern Pines Civic Club, 105 S. Ashe St. The game is open, ACBL-sanctioned and nonsmoking, with computer scoring and refreshments. All games are Charity Club Championship games and pay triple points. Call Nancy at (910) 295-8871 or e-mail email@example.com for information or partners. Reservations are required.
Monday April 19, one winner movement, 1. Sue Poffek and Homer Chase, 2. Jan Melville and MJ Zinn, 3. Audrey Ramsey and Judy Crump, 4. Ruth Dungan and Christa Neumann, 5. Mary Anne Bird and Nan Cunningham. Other winners were Millicent Moats and Tracy Pickup, Anne Culwick and Barbara Gruninger, Jo Ann Duncan and Bill Haggett.
Nancy’s Other Game
Nancy’s Other Game meets at 1 p.m. Wednesdays at the Southern Pines Civic Club, 105 S. Ashe St.. The game is open and nonsmoking, with computer scoring and refreshments. The games are Charity Club Championships and pay triple points. For information call Nancy at (910) 295-8871 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, April 14 , Mitchell Movement, N/S, 1. Sue Poffek and Bev Needler, 2. Fay and Home Chase, 3. Tom Dressing and Barbara Tomberlin. Other winners were Mary Anne Bird and Mary Hamblen; E/W, 1. Fred and MJ Zinn, 2. Dot Sechrist and Nan Cunningham, 3. Ann Pozdol and Glen Eyler. Other winners were Norma Juett and Ed Dungan.
Belle Meade Duplicate
Belle Meade Duplicate, open only to residents of Belle Meade and their guests, meets Tuesdays at 7 p.m. The game is nonsmoking, with computer scoring and refreshments. For more information, contact Belle Meade at (910) 246-1018 or Nancy Dressing at (910) 295-8871 or e-mail email@example.com.
Sandhills Bridge Studio
Sandhills Bridge Studio is located at 367 N. Bennett St. in Southern Pines. Call (910) 692-4188 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
The website www.sandhillsbridge.com offers information, schedules, game results and bridge tips.
Schedule of Games
Open Stratified Games
• Monday at 1 p.m.
• Tuesday at 7 p.m.
• Wednesday at 1 p.m.
• Thursday at 1 p.m.
• Thursday at 7 p.m.
• Saturday, complimentary brunch at 10:30 a.m., game at 11 a.m.
• Sunday at 1:30 p.m., complimentary wine and cheese included.
• Tuesday at 1 p.m., the game is limited to players with fewer than 499 points.
• Friday at 1 p.m., game limited to players with fewer than 199 points. A mini-lesson is offered at 12:30 p.m. For partners, call Anne Brechtelsbauer at (910) 295-4565.
• A session of supervised play is held at 7 p.m. Wednesdays.
All games are ACBL sanctioned and nonsmoking. Lessons are available for all levels of play.
• Saturday, May 1, marks the return of the Studio Kentucky Derby Party. Sign up for this bracketed Swiss Team Game at the studio. Festivities begin at 5 p.m. with plenty of refreshments and a hat contest.
• A series of classes for advanced or strong intermediate players is beginning Thursday morning, April 29, at 9:30 am.
• ACBL-wide International Fund Game will be held on Thursday afternoon, May 13.
• The Annual Advancement Party will be held as a pro-am on Saturday, May 22. The SDBPA will provide lunch for all players and pay entry fees for those advancing in rank. Lunch begins at 11:30 a.m., with awards and game to follow.
Monday, April 12, N/S, 1. Roger Lehman and Walt Lang, 2. Betsy Edmundson and Pat Clark, 3. Barbara Tomberlin and Lynn Dillard, Tied for 4/5, Ted Davison and Rich Venditti with Ann Hinchcliff and Nancy Shannon; E/W, 1. Dot Olson and Alex Lowrie, 2. Barbara Toomey and Joanne Thorne, 3. George Snow and Ed Berndt, 4. Nancy Fiorillo and Michael Busch.
Tuesday, April 13, 499er Game, N/S, 1. Eileen Leto and Wendy Preble, 2. Dick Walsh and Kay Scholz; E/W, 1. Shirley Lundmark and Knud Kornberg, 2. Gene and Dot Rainey.
Tuesday evening, 1. Marsha Contrucci and Becky Markham, 2. Ted Davison and Tony Embrey, 3. Bob Schives and Rob Colton, 4. David Cook and Don Snelgrove.
Wednesday, April 14, N/S, 1. Treva Chappell and Kathleen Durkin, 2. Maxine Cunningham and Pat Brooks, 3. Walt Lang and Petie Graeter; E/W, 1. David Cook and Barbara Huntwork, 2. Ray and Nancy Fiorillo, 3. George Snow and Ed Berndt, Tied for 4/5, Lynn Dillard and Joe Michalowski with Marion Wike and Char Mounce.
Thursday afternoon, April 15, Open Triple Masterpoint Game, 1. David Rogers and Petie Graeter, 2. Marsha Contrucci and Sue Poffek, 3. Ann Pozdol and George Snow, 4. Barbara Toomey and Joanne Thorne, 5. Jo Ann Duncan and Whaley Brenner.
Friday afternoon, April 16, 199er Game, N/S, 1. Pat and Sally Felton, 2. Doris Gordon and Jean Simons; E/W, 1. Shirley Lundmark and Knud Kornberg, 2. Dub and Carolyn Johnson.
Saturday Brunch Game, April 17, N/S, 1. George and Georgia Snow, 2. David Rogers and Sam Kass, 3. Jim Hunter and Aad Burghouwt, 4. Sharon Russell and Donna Sennett; E/W, Marsha Contrucci and Barbara Huntwork, 2. Ray Fiorillo and Walt Lang, 3. Ken Kennedy and Barbara Toomey, 4. Petie Graeter and Claire Michalowski.
Sunday, April 18, 1. Jane Clark and Nancy Dressing, 2. Ray and Nancy Fiorillo, 3. Pat Brooks and Sharon Russell, 4. Joan Wiatrak and Ruth Dungan.
More like this story