Sandhills Bridge Studio
Sandhills Bridge Studio is located at 367 N. Bennett St. in Southern Pines. Call (910) 692-4188 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for information. The Web site www.sandhills bridge.com offers information, schedules, game results and bridge tips.
Schedule of Games
Open Stratified Games
- Monday at 1 p.m.
- Tuesday at 7 p.m.
- Wednesday at 1 p.m.
- Thursday, with a light supper at 6 p.m. and bridge at 6:30.
- Saturday, complimentary brunch at 10:30, with game at 11 a.m.
- Sunday at 1:30 p.m., complimentary wine and cheese included
- Tuesday at 1 p.m., the game is limited to Non Life Masters.
- 299er Game at 1 p.m. every Thursday, with a mini lesson at 12:30.
- A session of supervised play is held Wednesdays at 7 p.m.
- Friday mornings at 10 a.m., Mentor Program, Life Masters supervise new players and offer advice to help improve their game.
All games are ACBL-sanctioned and nonsmoking. Lessons are available for all levels of play.
- Two Over One Bidding Class will begin Monday, June 1, at 5:30 p.m. at the studio. Instructor will be David Rogers, and class size will be limited. E-mail the studio at email@example.com.
- Plans are under way for the annual Advancement Party, which honors players who have advanced in rank over the past year. The SDBPA is sponsoring this Pro-Am Game to be held on May 30. Lunch is included, and advancers play free.
Monday, April 20, N/S, 1. Janie Moser and Dale Swift, 2. Claire Michalowski and Ailene Wilson, 3. Rich Venditti and Al Garyantes, 4. Maxine Cunningham and Joan Stoner, 5. Anne Brechtelsbauer and Betty Ann Beck; E/W, 1. Barbara Huntwork and Marsha Contrucci, 2. Ann Poxdol and Jerry Lloyd, 3. Ed Berndt and Sam Kass, 4. Walt Lang and Roger Lehman, 5. Marilyn Starner and Phyllis Kaufman.
Tuesday, April 21, Non Life Master Game, N/S, 1. Jim Prim and Donna Simmons, 2. Elieen Leto and Wendy Prebel, 3. Charlotte Castle and Irene Knoz; E/W, 1. Jo Ann Duncan and Whaley Brenner, 2. Shari Renfro and Carol Barbee, 3. Dub and Carolyn Johnson.
Tuesday evening, 1. Ray and Nancy Fiorillo, 2. Fay Gasaway and Ailene Wilson, 3. Berry Craven and Maxine Cunningham.
Wednesday, April 22, N/S, 1. Barbara Tomberlin and Pete Goldberg, 2. Marcia Bryant and Pat Clark, 3. Barbara Goldberg and Anne Brechtelsbauer, 4. Marilyn Elliott and Gloria Hillman, 5. Aad Burghouwt and Rich Venditti, 6. John Kubicka and Judy Crump; E/W, 1. Ed Berndt and George Snow, 2. Janie Moser and Dale Swift, 3. Al GAryantes and Diane McCarthy, 4. Walt Lang and Ray Fiorillo, 5. Dave Cook and Barbara Huntwork, Third in B, Kan Bell and Char Mounce.
Thursday, April 23, 299er Game, 1. Jim Prim and Donna Simmons, 2. Joe Albanese and Glen Eyler, 3. Wendy Preble and Eileen Leto, Second in C, Kay Scholz and Dick Walsh.
Thursday evening, N/S, 1. Don Snelgrove and Dave Cook, 2. Berry Craven and Ruth Dungan, 2. Dick Davenport and Sharon Russell, Third in B, Doris and Dick Weinberg; E/W, 1. David Rogers and Lynn Dillard, 2. Marsha Contrucci and Sue Poffek 3. Tony Embrey and Greg Zywocinski, 4. Jim Prim and Donna Simmons.
Friday, April 24, Mentor Game, N/S, 1. Jo Ann Duncan and Bill Haggett, 2. Joan Wiatrak and Trent McSwain; E/W, 1. Bill and Sally Light, 2. Charlie and Ina Young.
Saturday, April 25, brunch game, N/S, 1. Maxine Cunningham and Berry Craven, 2. Anne Brechtelsbauer and John Kubicka, 3. Shari Renfro and Carol Barbee, 4. Dick Davenport and Betty Ann Beck; E/W, 1. Ray Fiorillo and David Rogers, 2. Ed Lillard and Janie Moser, 3. Marsha Contrucci and Sue Poffek, 4. Ruth Whitaker and Marian Morrison, Second in B, Barbara Toomey and Fay Gasaway.
Saturday evening, Board-a-Match, 1. The Team of Tim Laverty, Becky Markham, Marsha Contrucci and Barbara Huntwork, 2. The Team of Barbara and Pete Goldberg, Don Snelgrove and Don Wood, 3. The Team of Dick and Doris Weinberg, Ray and Nancy Fiorillo, First in B, The Team of Maxine Cunningham, Berry Craven, Rita Clayton and Fay Gasaway.
Sunday, April 26, N/S, 1. Ray and Nancy Fiorillo, 2. Maxine Cunningham and Berry Craven, 3. Gary and Christa Newmann, 4. Walt Lang and Roger Lehman; E/W, 1. George Snow and Ann Poxdol, 2. Aad Burghouwt and Dick Davenport, 3. Nancy Reilly and Marian Morrison, 4. Carol Barbee and Peggy Crew.
Penick Village residents played rubber bridge in a Bridge on the Breezeway event Monday, April 27.
1. Nancy and Charles Wood, 2. Toni Trott and Dorothea Brick, 3. Evelyn Joyner and Jane Knudsen.
The Friday Duplicate Club played at the Southern Pines Civic Center Friday, April 24. The next game will be played May 8. Call 692-7179 to play or cancel.
N/S, 1. Chleyon Brown and Doris Gordon, 2. JoEtta Engle and Midge Easter, 3. Mary Virginia McFadyen and Ditty Snyder; E/W, 1. Stevie Middlekauf and Lauramae Smith, 2. Brenda Wilkins and June Stiebeling, 3. Sue Hopkins and Pat Brindle.
More like this story