Home Builders to Recognize 2009 Scholarship Winners
As a high school graduate some 30 years ago, Clayton Evans proudly accepted an engraved plaque from the Moore County Home Builders Association (MCHBA) as one of the original recipients of the organization's recognition of outstanding students.
At the association's August meeting, Evans, now chairman of the MCHBA Scholarship Program Committee and Sue Reaves, president of MCHBA, will recognize the 2009 winners from three Moore County High Schools.
Three MCHBA grant-in-aid scholarships were awarded, each in the amount of $1,500. to:
- Tierra Nicole Salmon, Union Pines High School, Robert F. Chriscoe MCHBA Scholarship
- Todd Matthew Collins, Union Pines High School, Allan A. McDonald MCHBA Scholarship
- Josh Aaron Bryant, Union Pines High School, Eugene Cole MCHBA Scholarship
Three MCHBA Award of Honor Scholarships were awarded, each in the amount of $500, to:
- Jacob Thomas Helsley, Pinecrest High School
- Spenser Matthew Guminey Pinecrest High School
- Adam Daniel Harward Union Pines High School
Each scholarship recipient also received an engraved hammer and certificate for achievement.
The Clendenin Award, named for Albert Clendenin Jr., the father of vocational education in Moore County, was also presented to Helsley, Bryant and Anthony Josh Garner, of North Moore High School
The Clendenin Awardees received an engraved saw.
The Moore County Home Builders expressed thanks to Parks Building Supply for donating the trophies.
More like this story