Sandhills Bridge Studio
Sandhills Bridge Studio is located at 367 N. Bennett St. in Southern Pines.
Call 910-692-4188 or e-mail email@example.com for information. The Web site www.sandhillsbridge.com offers information, schedules, game results and bridge tips. Classes and instruction are available throughout the year.
Schedule of Games
Open Stratified Games
- Monday at 1 p.m.
- Tuesday at 7 p.m.
- Wednesday at 1 p.m.
- Thursday, with light supper ($2) at 6 p.m. and bridge at 7 p.m.
- Saturday at 11 a.m., preceded by brunch at 10:30 a.m.
- Sunday at 1:30 p.m., complimentary wine and cheese included
- Tuesday and Thursday evening games and Saturday morning and evening games are triple masterpoint games.
- Tuesday at 1 p.m., the game is limited to players with less than 300 master points, a brief lesson precedes each game starting around 12:15 p.m.
- 199er Game at 1 p.m. every Thursday, with a mini lesson at 12:30.
- A session of supervised play will be held at 7 p.m. Wednesdays.
- Friday mornings at 10 a.m., Mentor Program, Life Masters supervise new players and offer advice to help improve their game.
All games are ACBL-sanctioned and nonsmoking. Lessons are available for all levels of play.
- The monthly BAM game will be held Saturday evening, Oct. 18. Call for information and team availability.
- The month of October has been designated as "New Player Recruitment" month. Those who have not played in the previous six months are entitled to a complimentary free play with any established member throughout the month.
- Introduction to Duplicate Bridge will be held at 5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 24. The session will include hors d'oeuvres and wine. The events isfree of charge and will be followed by a brief duplicate bridge game. Please RSVP if you are planning on attending.
Saturday Morning Brunch Game, Sept. 27, 6 tables, N/S, 1. Sue Kimball and Shirley Kozej, 2. Ruth Cook and Shari Renfro, 3. Jim Hunter and Aad Burghouwt; E/W, 1. Janie Moser and Ed Lillard, 2. Marsha Contrucci and Sue Poffek.
Sunday, Sept. 28, 5 tables, N/S, 1. Tim Laverty and Sharon Russell, 2. Jane Clark and Nancy Dressing; E/W, 1. Barbara Huntwork and Donna Hildebrand 2. Pat Brooks and Joanne Thorne.
Monday, Sept. 29, 12 tables, N/S, 1. Al Garyantes and Rich Venditti, 2. Claire Michalowski and BJ Dunn, 3. Bev Needler and Mary Hamblen, 4. Anne Brechtelsbauer and Betty Ann Beck, 5. Barb Goldberg and Shari Renfro; E/W, 1. Barbara Tomberlin and Ed Berndt, 2. George Snow and Georgia Keeler-Snow, 3. Marsha Contrucci and Barbara Huntwork, 4. Donna Hildebrand and Ted Davison, 5. Nancy Shannon and Marilyn Starner.
Tuesday 299er Pairs, Sept. 30, 5 tables, N/S, 1. Barbara Gruninger and Glen Eyler, 2. Ray Libbey and Bob Kelley, 3. Sue Lloyd and Betsy Armstrong; E/W, 1. Jo Ann Duncan and Whaley Brenner, 2. Ethel and Scott Duvall.
Tuesday evening, Sept. 30, 6 tables, N/S, 1. David Cook and Lee Airs, 2. Betsy Donaldson and Greg Zywocinski; E/W, 1. David Rogers and Ray Fiorillo, 2. Sue Poffek and Marsha Contrucci.
Wednesday, Oct. 1, 9 tables, N/S, 1. Diane McCarthy and Al Garyantes, 2. Barb Toomey and Donna Sennett, 3. Marilyn Starner and Betty Ann Beck; E/W, 1. Marsha Contrucci and Marcia Bryant, 2. Georgia Keeler-Snow and Marilyn Elliott, 3. Barbara Huntwork and Donna Hildebrand, 4. Char Mounce and Audrey Ramsey.
Thursday, Oct. 2, 7 tables, N/S, 1. Don Snelgrove and David Cook, 2. Jim Hunter and Aad Burghouwt, 3. Tim Laverty and Becky Markham, 4. Rita Clayton and Sharon Russell; E/W, 1. Greg Zywocinski and Tony Embrey, 2. Marsha Contrucci and Sue Poffek, 3. Don Wood and Gene Peterson, 4. Betty Wimberly and Knud Kornberg.
Friday Morning Mentor Game, Oct. 3, 3 tables, N/S, 1. Carmen and Sue Lloyd, 2. Ed Zerbe and Nancy Jacobs; E/W, 1. Art Swanson and Marian Morrison 2. Martha Miller and Cynthia Williams.
Nancy's Game meets at 1 p.m. Mondays at Fox Hollow Assisted Living of Pinehurst on Fox Hollow Road (off Morganton Road). The game is an open ACBL-sanctioned and nonsmoking, with computer scoring and refreshments. All games are Charity Club Championship games and pay triple points. Call Nancy at 295-8871 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for information or partners
Monday, Oct. 6, one winner movement, 1. Mary Anne Bird and Marge Cowen, 2. Nan Cunningham and Dot Sechrist, 3. Bunny and Ken Kennedy.
Nancy's Other Game
Nancy's Other Game meets at 1 p.m. Wednesdays at the Southern Pines Civic Club, 105 S. Ashe Street. The game is open, nonsmoking with computer scoring and refreshments. The games are Charity Club Championships and pay triple points. For information call Nancy at 295-8871 or email@example.com.
Wednesday, Oct. 1, one winner movement, 1/2. Fred and MJ Zinn, Bev Needler and Barb Tomberlin, 3. Mary Jane Marsh and Mary Anne Bird, 4. John Kubicka and Judy Crump, 5. Grayce Broili and Mary Edwards, 6/7. Harvey Ledbetter and Ken Bell, Fay and Homer Chase. Other winners were David Cook and Sue Poffek.
Belle Meade Duplicate, open only to residents of Belle Meade and their guests, is an ACBL-sanctioned game that meets Tuesdays at 7:15 p.m. The game is nonsmoking with computer scoring and refreshments. For more information, contact Belle Meade at 246-1018 or Nancy Dressing at 295-8871 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday, Sept. 30, one winner movement, 1. Marge Cowen and Harvey Ledbetter, 2. Dot Burtis and Mary Virginia McFadyen, 3. John Sloan and Pat Brooks. Other winners were Bob and Mary Anne Bird, Eula Isom and Ruth Lawrence.
Penick Village Duplicate
The Penick Village Duplicate Bridge Club met Thursday, Oct. 2.
1. A four-way tie: Dorothea Brick, Olive McLaughlin, Kitty Muddimer, and Freddie Rowe.
More like this story