Grassroots Grants Are Awarded
The Arts Council of Moore County has awarded grassroots grants to the following schools and community organizations in the county:
- Southern Middle School Theatre Arts Guild for its 2009 spring musical.
- Moore County All-County Orchestra for annual All-County Orchestra Festival.
- Kiwanis Club of the Sandhills for Head Start music project.
- Sandbox Players for first production, "Moon Over Buffalo."
- Weymouth Center for Mountain Marionettes.
- New Horizons Band in the Pines for senior band music opportunities.
- Union Pines High School for March 2009 musical.
- The Rooster's Wife for community concert by Samuel James.
n Moore County Choral Society for 2009 spring Classical Concert.
- Moore On Stage for musical score by Baxter Clement.
- Southern Pines Recreation and Parks Department for art-related classes for youth.
- Carolina Performing Arts Center for spring 2009 performance of "Coppellia."
- Moore Philharmonic Orchestra for marketing expenses.
- Pinecrest High School for spring 2009 musical.
The funding for the Grassroots Grants program comes from the N.C. Arts Council, a division of the N.C. Department of Cultural Resources.
To be eligible for the program, organizations must produce quality arts programs that provide community benefit.
Most grants require that matching funds be raised by the applicant organization.
For more information about the Grassroots Grant Program for Moore County, call the Arts Council of Moore County at (910) 692-4356.
More like this story