Support The Haven
Here are 11 great reasons to support The Haven:
1. North Carolina's largest animal shelter houses more than 1,200 animals. The majority of our animals were strays that were taken off the streets, surrendered due to military duty, or simply left at the gate.
2. The Haven saved 677 kittens and puppies from Moore County animal control in 2007, and 863 in 2006. The Haven alone is the single reason the Moore County euthanasia rate is much lower than surrounding communities. The Haven is now saving animals from Robison and Duplin Counties, too.
3. The Haven, in conjunction with Sandhills Community College and the McCain Prison, announces its Puppies Raising Bars program. The inmates are training dogs to follow basic commands that make them more adoptable.
4. The Haven's average adoptions top 2,000 per year.
5. There is a 100 percent return policy for the lifetime of your pet.
6. The Haven provides in-house veterinary care for all of its animals.
7. The Haven provides each animal a complete line of shots before being released, including kennel cough, de-wormers, rabies, and flea and tick control.
8. The Haven microchips and registers each animal on PetWatch, a national database.
9. The Haven receives no public funding.
10. All animals are spayed and neutered.
11. The Haven is a true no-kill shelter.
More like this story