Home Builders Award Scholarships
As a high school graduate some 30 years ago, Clayton Evans proudly accepted an engraved plaque from the Moore County Home Builders Association (MCHBA) as one of the original recipients of its recognition of outstanding students.
At its June meeting, Evans -- who is now chairman of the association's Scholarship Program Committee -- and Pat Falvey, MCHBA president, recognized the 2008 winners from three Moore County high schools.
Three grant-in-aid scholarships each in the amount of $1,000 were awarded to:
- Billy Talley, Union Pines High School, Eugene Cole MCHBA Scholarship
- Aaron Breasseale, Union Pines High School, Allan A. McDonald MCHBA Scholarship
- Wayne Kennedy, Union Pines High School, Robert F. Chriscoe MCHBA Scholarship
Each scholarship recipient also received an engraved hammer and certificate for their achievement.
The Clendenin Award, named for Albert Clendenin Jr., the father of vocational education in Moore County, was also presented to three deserving students:
- Jacob Schroeder, Pinecrest High School
- Aaron Breasseale, Union Pines High School
- Derek Powers, North Moore High School
The Clendenin Award recipients received an engraved saw and $100 savings bond.
More like this story