Jump to content
It's a local story with local interest which is exactly what the Pilot's business is... Good job JimL, you only have 3 more completely nonsensical Obama bashes left to meet your daily quota.
It's a tough one boscoe. Personally, I'm for legalizing and taxing the hell out of it. People are gonna do drugs whether they're legal or not, might as well make some money, rather than spending the ridiculous amounts we do on the "war on drugs".
It actually took me all of 2 minutes to research and find that it was indeed the general assembly who cut the funding and not the office of the courts. They eliminated all $2,000,000.00 from the state budget and left it to individual counties to try to fund. Way to jump all over someone based off a comment following a story though. Makes ya feel good, huh?
Hmm, looks like someone started drinking a bit early today. What a strange and pointless comment.
bah, sorry about the awful formatting there
10 Reasons Why Gay Marriage is Wrong
01) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.
02) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
03) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
04) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
05) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
06) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.
07) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
08) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours,the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.
09) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.
Since there is no LEGAL reason to prevent same sex couples from marrying, as soon as a case makes it to the Supreme Court it will no longer be an issue. The christians will whine, of course, but equality is what matters. @ JustThinking (ironic name there bud) A REAL AMERICAN wouldn't try to discriminate and legislate against a group of people who are doing no harm to anyone and are just asking to be treated equally and fairly.
@AFCHIEF - The problem is that now we ALL have to deal with it. How many "news" stories have covered this so far? I've lost count. My point was that we need to stop being such a reactionary society (on both sides of the aisle). The appropriate response from those mayors would have been something along the lines of "Well, that guy said something stupid. Guess I won't eat there anymore." But, in today's world we always just HAVE to 1 up the other side. Your reaction to what the mayors said is exactly the same as their reactions to what Chic-Fil-A's owner said. We can't let 'em get away with that! Get 'em boys!!! It's a sad, unending cycle.
fugitive- I actually agree with you to an extent. I didn't eat there anyway so that's a non-issue for me. What the right should have done was just ignore it, but no, they have to get all righteous and counter protest (and for clarity, I'll say the same to the left, he's a private citizen and has the right to his opinions no matter how stupid I or anyone else may find them). Quit your damn protesting and actually do something that matters. That's the problem with this country. Instead of actually talking to each other, we just protest and counter-protest, hoping our side will be the loudest. One thing I know for sure, the debate over gay marriage won't be won by eating/not eating at Chik-Fil-A. The pro-gay marriage crowd (of which I am a member) needs to do a better job of picking their battles.
As opposed to the CHRISTIAN THUGS who want to deprive homosexuals something that they should have every right to? Weird how a place as innocuous as a fast food restaurant has become such a focus in this debate.
Anniversary Announcement | Birthdays Over 80 | Birthdays Under 12 | Engagement Announcement | Site Feedback | Letter to the Editor | User Submitted Photo | Subscription Request | Vacation Start Stops | Wedding Announcement Subscribe | Advertising | Media Kit | About Us | Contact Us | Archives | Search
Physical Address: 145 W. Pennsylvania Avenue, Southern Pines, NC Mailing Address: P.O. Box 58, Southern Pines, NC 28388 910-692-7271 Fax: 910-692-9382