Jump to content
Oh Crap to Late. Ha Ha
If you visit Morton Arboretun near Chicago it is an oasis among the concrete and asphalt. It wasn't like that 40 years ago. Oh where has the time going. PS If only I invested in land in the Lisle area back then.
What could I say, $12.00 for a hamburger. And they want locals to be the catalyst for a new market. That's 12 McDoubles with or without cheese. Look what happen to Mellow Mushroom, you could not get a seat for a month, now I drive by there every day even on a Friday or Saturday night. I have not seen a line to get in for months.
Although I have made a few comments to the pilot, most of the time I just enjoy reading the feuds between everyone. Toda for most of your comments I have disagree with, but this one I believe you are right on.
Having a police officer at a school is a waste of tax payers money, all it does it give a little security to the people that are insecure. I have seen this before and all these officers do is just stand around all day and collect free overtime. Tell me what are they going to do when someone is just on the other side of the building. How are they going to stop someone when they already hit two rooms. Sure that officer might be able to help and do something, but that is only if he is at the right place at the right time. And does anyone really believe that his 357, or 9mm is going to stop the fire power of that young man. I do not think so.
Have we forgotten about Columbine with two shooters, or even what happen in Carthage a few years back?
So what do we do, take away our guns? If we do that. then we need to take our automobiles away from us. We average about 30,000 deaths a year. Okay maybe I am being silly but all it took was one truck loaded with fertilizer to kill 168 people, which 19 of them were children.
Should we be like Switzerland and arm just about every adult in that country. More than 4.5 million owns a gun out of 8 million people in that country, yet they have the smallest murder rate compared to the United States. 0.3 per 100,000 compare to 4.3 in the US.
What about our animals, there is a average of about 400,000 bites a year.
I could go on and on but we know the bottom line. Guns do not kill people, people kill people.
And this is from a person that does not own a gun.
PS Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone.
TOP-10"Only In America "Observations ~ by a Canadian:
1)Only in America ,could politicians talk about the greed of the richat a$35,000.00 a plate campaign fund-raising event.
2) Only in America , could people claim that the government still discriminates against black Americans when they have a black President, a black Attorney General, and roughly 18% of the federal workforce is black while only 12% of the population is black.
3) Only in America , could they have had the two people most responsible for our tax code, Timothy Geithner, the head of the Treasury Department and Charles Rangel who once ran the Ways and Means Committee,BOTH turn out to betax cheats who are in favor of higher taxes.
4) Only in America , can they have terrorists kill people in the name of Allah and have the media primarily react by fretting that Muslims might be harmed by the backlash.
5) Only in America, would they make people who want to legally become American citizens wait for years in their home countries and pay tens of thousands of dollars for the privilege while we discuss letting anyone who sneaks into the country illegally just 'magically' become American citizens.
6) Only in America , could the people who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the country's Constitutionbe thought of as "extremists."
7) Only in America , could you need to present a driver's license to cash a check or buy alcohol,or to use a notary public,but not to vote.
8) Only in America , could people demand the government investigate whether oil companies are gouging the publicbecause the price of gas went up when the return on equity invested in a major U.S. oil company (Marathon Oil)is less than half of a company making tennis shoes (Nike).
9) Only in America , could the government collect more tax dollars from the people than any nation in recorded history,still spend a Trillion dollars more than it has per year - for totalspending of $7-Million PER MINUTE, and complain that it doesn't have nearly enough money.
10) Only in America , could the rich people -who pay 86% of all income taxes - be accused of not paying their "fair share" by people who don't pay any income taxes at all.
And this is why I now vote Republican http://t.news.msn.com/politics/indicted-ex-lawmaker-poses-dilemma-for-ill-dems
I am not a crook. The worse part is can we see Biden in the future as our president. Now that is scary
What is your address
The building where they did the judging of the quilt's, & cakes. They had two booths but one had t-shirts, hats, bumper stickers, signs etc. We went into that building twice and it was always crowded there. The Democrats also had a booth but I only saw a few people there. Talk about white liberals that move here I was one but my views have change alot over the years. I believe common sense has taken over as the years go by. I just wish people would really look and read and read some more before they vote. I was in a union for thirty years and most of the people I know and I worked with over 10,000 people and most of them are voting with there brains and not what the union is telling them to do.
Anniversary Announcement | Birthdays Over 80 | Birthdays Under 12 | Engagement Announcement | Site Feedback | Letter to the Editor | User Submitted Photo | Subscription Request | Vacation Start Stops | Wedding Announcement Subscribe | Advertising | Media Kit | About Us | Contact Us | Archives | Search
Physical Address: 145 W. Pennsylvania Avenue, Southern Pines, NC Mailing Address: P.O. Box 58, Southern Pines, NC 28388 910-692-7271 Fax: 910-692-9382