A sales tax bill Moore County officials longed for to help pay for construction of several new schools has fallen victim to Raleigh Republicans’ fears of election-year politics.
Though falling just a bit shy of its “stretch” fundraising goal of $650,000, the United Way of Moore County celebrated a banner year of good g…
A year from now, The Academy of Moore County will have even more to celebrate than burgeoning enrollment and the 10-year anniversary of its ca…
- Rugby Player Killed in Vehicle Accident Remembered as 'Good-Hearted'
- Authorities Investigating ‘Suspicious Death’ in Southern Pines
- The 'Shroom Makes Room for New Southern Pines Shopping Center
- With Brewer On Board, Resort Nears Opening of Brewery
- Silver Alert issued for Two Missing Moore County Residents
- Herman L. Pusser
- Judicial Reshuffling Pairs Moore with Hoke County, Issues Us a New Judge
- Election Year Politics Doom Moore Sales Tax Bill
- Robert G. Davis
- County Declares Opioid Crisis a Public Nuisance